View Single Post
Old September 5 2010, 07:16 PM   #27
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: How far should I go with the Star Wars novels?

JD wrote: View Post
^There's also the wives and children of the Jedi stuff in Children of the Jedi. Did they ever find a way to retcon that one?
Apparently it has been, though I didn't realize it at the time because I had forgotten about Children of the Jedi. In Karen Traviss's Republic Commando novels, a "rogue" sect of Jedi under the leadership of a Master Djinn Altis is featured, with Callista Masana (Callista Ming) one of its members. The Altisian Jedi had no issue with relationships/marriage or with Masters taking more than one apprentice. In fact, the sect wasn't even entirely Jedi; there were many non-Jedi in their community as well. Looking at Wookiepedia entries for the sect, Callista, and the RC series, it seems the Altisian Jedi were first created by Traviss in The Clone Wars: No Prisoners before she brought them briefly into the RC series.

Temis: The more of your thoughts I read re: the Clone Wars and the GAR, the more convinced I am that you would greatly appreciate the way Traviss approaches the clones in the RC series. For a series that began as a tie-in to a video game, it really does handle well the issues you rightfully bring up.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote