View Single Post
Old September 4 2010, 02:48 AM   #91
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Gul Re'jal wrote: View Post
Yes, Brenok chose the same "escape" as Damar. The easiest and worst way for sure.
It's hard for me to see HOW it actually is an escape...all it does it make the feelings even worse than simply dealing with it. But then I don't drink, so I guess I can't really understand.
I don't understand it either, but I had seen it happening and such people see it. I suppose it's getting drunk to the point of losing consciousness and for a moment you don't have to think about anything. Then you feel even worse, so you want to reach the same unconsciousness point again, and so on...

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Oh dear, this has me a bit worried about who it might be and what that could mean for him.

BTW...I realize Brenok doesn't pray, but this song feels emotionally like what you describe here. And the voice MIGHT be a fit...not sure. Be sure to listen to the song ALL the way to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wxmUSc3pZE
Oh, the song is perfect! Even the voice matches Brenok.
The problem is Brenok stopped singing. The worse he got, the less he sang. Jarol will notice it soon.

That scene of him crying and rolling on the floor first blaming Damar and then apologizing to him, I wrote it listening to a song about pain, but unfortunately it's in Polish

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote