View Single Post
Old September 3 2010, 02:15 PM   #19
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

Re: That Vulcan in Engineering?

exodus wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
I think the show would have been stronger if we'd had all the rebel maquis appearing occasionally in addition to Chell
Well, we did get Ayala. He even got six lines over the course of seven seasons
Icheb.

There was a black crewman with kinda bulgy eyes that kept popping up from time to time. I can't recall the ep. exactly but it's one where they turn the mess hall into a sickbay & Janeway sits down next to him and comforts him. Does anyone know who I'm talking about? He wears a security/engineering uniform.

On a side note, I'm kinda glad they didn't focus on side characters too much because if you couldn't give enough development to your main members like Tuvok, Neelix, Harry & Chakotay. Then IMO you're stealing screne time from actors that deserved it far more. But that's just a behind the scenes comment. If we didn't have to worry about such things..............then yes. For a ship of only 150, we should have been bumping into Chell or Tal Celest every other episode.
Lol - that sounds like Ayala in fact. I actually find that the main characters can develop in more interesting ways if they are put into situations with different, fresh characters. Harry's arc would have been more fun to me if we'd actually had a few episodes where could see the love triangle with the twins developing as part of the plots of other stories rather than an awkward add-on. We might even have developed as much sympathy for the twin with the crush on him if she'd been allowed to develop fully. Plus we'd have got some spare characters to bump off - killing one of the twins would have made a great story.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote