View Single Post
Old September 2 2010, 12:36 AM   #49
SonsofSoong2338
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Was What Happened to Lore legal? Opinions, please!

TheGallifreyanSith wrote: View Post
Having just skim-read the thread, here's my 2 cents: We have to ask one question: could Lore get a fair-trail? Assuming that the Federation legal system has jury of your peers, where's Lore's peers? Meaning that if was granted the same rights as Data, could couldn't avail himself of his rights cause anyone of his peers would be biased against him.

Personally, I think he was just shut down and shipped out to the Daystrom Intistute or the Starfleet version of the vault from the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark. If anyone asks, they're "reviewing" the situation: which means Lore's laying sealed in a shipping container. If you want to go dark, they use him for spare parts when ever Data needs something that can't be replicated.
I do agree that the most likely thing that would have happened was him being shipped off to some cybernetic research place. As far as a jury of his peers goes....you do have a point. I find it unlikely that his would have been a jury trial. It most likely would have been a bench judgement, hopefully from some emotionless Vulcan who would give some objectivity.
SonsofSoong2338 is offline   Reply With Quote