View Single Post
Old August 31 2010, 12:45 PM   #304
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: "Requiem for Methuselah" Line-by-Line

leandar wrote: View Post
Oh no, absolutely not! Spock would never admit it to anyone, least of all McCoy, but Spock very well does know what McCoy was talking about and could probably relate to how Kirk was feeling. Anyone remember Leila Kailomi? (sp?) And Spock caused Kirk to forget (whatever it was, probably his love of Rayna) to spare him any more pain of his ordeal.
Oh, I agree... My fav description of what its "like to be a Vulcan" comes from Season 6 of Voyager, "Muse". 2 primitives are putting on a play about "the eternals", one of which is a Vulcan. Kelis is the playwrite, and Jero is the actor.

KELIS: Logical Tuvok doesn't cry! That's why they call him Logical!
JERO: Everybody cries.
KELIS: The land of Vulcan has no laughter, and it has no tears. It is a very quiet place, calm, just like Tuvok.
JERO: I can't believe that.
KELIS: You don't have to, just don't cry!
JERO: The audience won't believe it either. They'll either think Tuvok is an unfeeling monster, or that I am a bad performer.
KELIS: They'll realize that beneath your unfeeling exterior is a heart that's breaking. Silently, and in more pain than any of us can possibly understand, because that's what it is to be Vulcan
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote