View Single Post
Old August 28 2010, 07:59 AM   #143
Mal
Rear Admiral

Re: Firefly ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

saturn5 wrote: View Post
The Mr Universe married to Saffron idea is inspired although it would have negated the Buffybot spilling the secret concept.
you know saffron would have sold them out to the operative in a heart beat. same result!

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
The "idea" behind the Reavers seems to have changed some, in the series they seem more mysterious and analogous to how some settlers precieved the Native Americans. Simply as "savages." But "savages" who're also able to operate ships and organize battles, etc. In the movie they're more like Hollywood zombies/monsters.
If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eatflesh, and sew our skins into their clothing.
doesn't exactly sound like native americans.

i actually thought that the explanation from the movie kind of made sense as far as what we'd seen in the show. but it was just too sudden to discover it like that in the movie. i would have preferred a gradual discovery over the course of several seasons. but then, i would have preferred several seasons.

oh, how i miss firefly...

I agree with the overall belief there was at the time that killing [Wash] made the final battle that much more tense. Because if Wash can be killed out-of-the-blue like that then no one is safe
i had ignored all spoilers before the movie, and i was totally shocked - like WTF just happened - but there was no fucking time to let it soak in, cause the movie just keeps on flying.
I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
And I wasn't a big fan of Mr. Universe either. I think it would've made a bit more sense to use Badger as an "inside man" or even Patience
Badger is a great idea. Or even if they struck some deal with Niska. Enemy of my enemy...

Pemmer Harge wrote: View Post
I like Mal, but it was a little offputting to see internet polls flooded with fans declaring him the greatest sci-fi hero of all time
b-b-but he is!