View Single Post
Old August 28 2010, 02:32 AM   #38
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Re: AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Trailer (Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd)

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Gojirob wrote: View Post
And one more thing? Ditch the 'they won't eat each other' bull. Every other species will, if hungry enough, eat their own, and these things are never NOT hungry.
If you do that, their menace diminishes because then all you have to do is outlive their hunger. They will eventually eat each other.

One of the defining pre-requisites for the zombie genre, in my opinion, is that the world has spiraled fully out of control and there will never be anywhere truly safe again.

Obviously World War Z takes liberties with that idea, but you get the picture.
I doubt it would be a winning strategy. They would still vastly prefer the living, IMO. My idea is to just remove something that makes them virtually infinite in number and make it merely overwhelming. It would also, if implemented, have to be something they only do after a period of time that makes it impractical as a strategy unto itself, only as part of a larger survival plan. My thing isn't making the zombies manageable; my thing is removing the current atmosphere of 'Nu-uH! We thought of that and now zombies can phase their hands through walls and infect you just by knowing you're there' kind of amping up.