View Single Post
Old August 27 2010, 05:14 PM   #137
Mal
Rear Admiral

Re: Firefly ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

saturn5 wrote: View Post
SERENITY; the movie
The bad;
one aspect i absolutely cannot stand about the movie is Mr. Universe. Now i get it: you simply can't have a scifi movie now-a-days without some hacker-type. granted, but Mr. Universe is completely out of place in our Big Damn Hero's lives. If they had a hacker on their side (and why not?), he should have been living in some out of the way place, or maybe some ex-Alliance type who had joined Book's monastery.

But no, they got the money for a somewhat famous dude from Numb3rs who they could put in the trailer, and so they gave him a fancy pants role and called it a day. ugh

speaking of miscasting

Disappointing that we get no Saffron or Jubal Early but you can't have everything.
again, they got money for Chewie to play the Operative and so we didn't get Jubal. now don't get me wrong, I <3 Chewie, especially in Children of Men, but man, just cause you gots the money don't mean you gots to spend it in places that don't matter. Jubal would have rocked!

the money would have been better spent... on Saffron!

holy shit, just thought of something: what if they get to Mr. Universe and find he's married to Saffron

ah, now i see why people write fanfic

Marks out of 10; 9/10, very good
eh, i'd give it a 7. at least 4 episodes of firefly were better, including the pilot, which was basically the same length.

if this is the last we see of the crew (and it almost certainly is) this is a fine send off for them
aren't you going to review the last episode