View Single Post
Old August 27 2010, 09:43 AM   #25
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Trailer (Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd)

^^ I think the closest the Romero-verse ever got to an explanation for the zombies was the line "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth." I kind of like the mystery, as it's consistent with the themes of chaos and collapse. Other zombie universes may differ, of course....

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I've never read this Comic, but I always wanted to see a Dawn Of The Dead series. I would have preferred to see an anthology, but the preview looks pretty good.

I wonder if we'll ever see good old Voodoo Zombies again. Or if anybody even remembers what Zombies were like for centuries before Romero.
I don't think most people do. A few years ago on this board, someone brought up a book or movie featuring a character with the power to create or command zombies. Another poster just laughed at him. "Everyone knows zombies don't have a master or take orders from anyone!"

Indeed?

The first poster wasn't even talking about voodoo, but the point was still made. How quickly we forget.
It's kind of amazing how that one idea has taken over. George Romero should sue everybody who has ever used the cannibalistic plague zombie idea.

They weren't actually called zombies in the original "Night of the Living Dead", were they?
No, nor in Dawn Of The Dead. I'm not sure about later movies.