View Single Post
Old August 26 2010, 05:14 PM   #128
saturn5
Fleet Captain

Re: Firefly ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Early threatens to rape Kaylee to get her co-operation. We take it that when he talks of giving Kaylee and 'present' and ridding her off a 'problem' he means River but maybe he takes her as a virgin and is telling her they're going to have sex?
This is... "kinky"

I...

I...

Wha.....?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway. No, his "present" that he's taking River away. He threatens her with rape to convince her to help him, if she doesn't help him he's going to rape her to death! "You'll die crying/weaping."

Anyway, you're not exactly "done" yet. You've still got the movie "Serenity" to watch which wraps the series up.... Sorta.

It appears people eat horses in the future....
I think this one gets mis-interpreted a lot. "If wishes were horses..." is a common expression meaning that "if wishes were as plentiful as horses we could have whatever we want." Becuase one could wish for them! If wishes were horses they'd all be eating steak because they could wish for money/steak itself. We know they have cows and cows that're used for meat. We actualy see them transport cattle for this very purpose in the fourth or fith episode. (Safe.)

I've never taken it to mean they "eat horses."
I think trying to figure out Jubal Early's 'logic' such as it is does not follow any rules.
As for the horses, remember the 'good dogs' in Serenity; the ep?
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote