View Single Post
Old August 23 2010, 05:15 PM   #59
Christopher
Writer

Re: The Law Returns. This Time With His Helmet On! Judge Dredd!

Jack Bauer wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
I never understand the obession with Summer Glau, she couldn't act her way out of a paperbag.
It probably has little to do with acting and more to do with her being hot though I do think that she's good at doing what she does.
Actually I became impressed with Summer Glau as an actress well before I realized she was hot. Firefly was not a glamour role for her, since she generally looked scruffy and unwell and rarely smiled. It's when she smiles that she's really beautiful, and that was something she rarely did in her two main roles, River and Cameron from Sarah Connor Chronicles. So it was her talent, both as an actress and a dancer/martial artist, that captured my attention before I really became intrigued with her looks. I don't understand why people would think she can't act; she's created a number of distinct, effective characterizations that aren't easy to pull off. Yes, maybe most of her characters are in a similar "eccentric/crazy" wheelhouse, but that's not an easy kind of character to play. And her characters are really very distinct from each other if you pay attention.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote