View Single Post
Old August 23 2010, 02:49 AM   #572
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

My, my...such a beautifully eloquent funeral it was, indeed.

Frankly...it is a most difficult challenge to "slow things down", as it were, for so long--and yet keep it interesting and likeable. J.R.R. Tolkien, I believe, was the most recent master of such abilities.

While one may consider it to be inappropriate to hold any of our own names so high as his, nonetheless, I see the same talent for having such denouements after such spectacular sequences of battle. An epic, if you will.

You and I, Nerys, certainly have quite a few differences as far as our writings styles are concerned--I, while certainly eager to inject eloquence into prose when I can, tend to favor a lean, fast-paced style; while you make such eloquence the central element of your prose. We both try to instill a sense of "romanticism" into our tales, but while for me, it is but a tool of the story (to enhance certain moments above others), for you, it defines the story.

In fact, if I may be so bold...one might actually deem your works...literature.
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote