Fun?? FUN?? Didn't you like Data's:
- Mr. Tricorder
- ...but the Ferengi in the Gorilla suit has to go.
- Humor! I love it!
- Lifeforms, you tiny little lifeforms...
- No problem!
- Oh shit!
- ...and his lip should curl...
- A pimple, sir.
- Have you noticed how your boobs...
- Never saw the sun shining so bright...
- Why does the big man have a furry face?
- Why? Why? Why?
- Move, puny human animal!
How about Worf's wacky lines:
- (falling into freezing cold water and growling)
- It is a gorch!
- Sir! I am experiencing aggressive tendencies!
- Romulan Ale should be illegal.
- Irving Berlin!
- (bumping his head as he awoke from oversleeping)
- Captain, I do not think it is appropriate for a Starfleet officer to appear ...naked.
Humor is a difficult concept for Trek to handle successfully. Each of the movies would've benefitted greatly if they hadn't tried so hard to be funny. Data and Worf are among the richest characters in all of Trek yet in the movies Worf the great Klingon warrior was turned into a buffoon and Data the super intelligent android was made out to be a clown. Awkward moments and fish out of water experiences can be funny but these lines were painful to hear.
Data and Worf were the comic relief characters in the show. Think of Worf lines in the TV show like:
- I am not a man
- I am not a merry man!
- Good tea, nice house
- I would require a Klingon woman for "companionship".
- Nice legs. Er..for a human.
So I don't think it was out of place to use them like that in the films. Data and Worf are probably the only characters who could pull off comic relief.