View Single Post
Old August 19 2010, 03:17 AM   #33
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

Re: Does Superman Need A Make-Over?

arch101 wrote: View Post
Nah. Superman Returns showed that the Richard Donner universe still holds up well with only minor updating. I DO think that making the costume resemble the 40s cartoon version was a brilliant idea. Get Mr. Routh back and let's get this show moving!
Superman doesn't need to be reinvented, at least not in the way Hollywood has a habit of reinventing things, ie changing them into something inferior and hardly recognizable. That last pic of Smallvilleman looks like Neo, it's ridiculous. Fine for TV, but I don't want to see "Superman" flying around in a black and silver leather suit with no cape.

I've got no problem with Routh as Superman, but I personally hope they go in a completely different, non-Donnerverse interpretation next time around. No kid, new Lois. I also like the idea of reinterpreting the Daily Planet as a media conglomerate with a heavy web-presence.

Let's pull some REAL villains out of the closet. I don't want an origin story, I want to see Superman use god-like powers to save the entire Earth from destruction at the hands of an enemy like Darkseid or Brainiac. He's Superman, he's one of the most powerful mortals in the DC universe, it's time to treat him like one.

And no more Lex Luthor! At least not for now.... place him in prison at the beginning of the film with a throwaway line and be done with him.