View Single Post
Old August 16 2010, 12:50 PM   #2827
Starkers
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

^Still think Bristol City will go up? I didn't see that coming, although lets face it Copell has form! Can't believe two high profile resignations while I was away. I texted my mate who's a Villa fan wishing him a happy birthday and that's how I learned O'Neill had gone!

Re Derby don't think anyone was playing out of position per se, but we're playing a 4-2-3-1 formation and Varney isn't suited to a lone striker role. Interesting to note that our back 4 and keeper had the numbers 1,2,3,5,6 how often do you see that these days!

McNaughton is in the wars lately then, I think he went down not long before he got clattered again Saturday. I felt v proud to be a Ram given how he was applauded off the pitch as the stretcher went round the outside to get to the tunnel.

I'll be amazed if Bellamy goes to you rather than say Fulham, Hughes seems to take him everywhere. I agree though, possibly more trouble than he's worth unless the manager can get the best out of him ala Hughes or Bobby Robson did. He would annihilate teams in this division though.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote