View Single Post
Old August 16 2010, 01:00 AM   #29
DakotaSmith
Fleet Captain

View DakotaSmith's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to DakotaSmith Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DakotaSmith Send a message via Yahoo to DakotaSmith
Re: Fairly Simple Photomanipulation

sojourner wrote: View Post
DakotaSmith wrote: View Post
I'll see what I can do. To be honest, it's a fair amount of effort for something that, in ten years will probably only be found accidentally with a Google search.
Well, just keep in mind it's part of the board rules, so not really an option for posting here.
I think I'd need some definitive statement from a mod that I'm in violation of rules by posting the way I have. I link to the pic's Picasa page as a matter of course, and I've now got more identification on those pages than the users here have on their own work.

I think people need to have a certain perspective on this:

I've not failed to credit the original images. Credit is all over their Picasa pages, where they should be.I'm utterly talentless artistically, as are the majority of people in the world. When asked, I'll give credit where credit is due and make no bones about it.

What you're asking those of us artistically challenged to do is manipulate software and insert information into pics. Most people have little idea how to do this.

By suggesting that it's absolutely necessary to do something most people don't know how to do, you drive them away from the BBS -- or they just start lurking.

Now, there's so much really good work in this forum that lurking is fine ... it's just a shame. It'd be fun to see more photoshops, but given the IP-related reaction to this one, I'm unclear why anyone would make the effort.

I mean seriously, I posted a photoshop of a couple of chicks, a background, a shuttlecraft, and a bullet train. I never tried to claim any of them as my own, and indeed bent over backward to give credit where it's due.

In fact, what I've done in the last 24 hours on this one series of three images is considerably more work than most people would consider doing for a totally optional "good time". In fact, requiring us to give this level of credit in a specific format takes the "good time" kind of right out of it.

This was supposed to be a late-night time-killer, not the Spanish Inquisition ...

Dakota Smith