View Single Post
Old August 15 2010, 10:13 PM   #23
DakotaSmith
Fleet Captain

View DakotaSmith's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to DakotaSmith Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DakotaSmith Send a message via Yahoo to DakotaSmith
Re: Fairly Simple Photomanipulation

sojourner wrote: View Post
I am going to guess with your attitude towards the issue, you would be better off not posting anymore of "your" work in this forum then.
Sigh. It's a frakking digital collage. I'm the first person to say so.

I assume that you've looked at my tags and captions and disagree that this is appropriate credit:

(I know, I've not tagged the models. That's because I don't know their names. DeviantArt says they're "chiaki and ona", but I don't know which is which or even if those are real names.)

The argument that "everyone else does it" is fairly childish and (as most parents would tell you) doesn't make it right.
I apologize, as that wasn't the argument I was actually making.

The argument I'm making is that computing equipment is so cheap and these images so public that to ask everyone in the world to not use them is a pointless exercise in futility.

Not sell them, certainly. Not make a profit from them in any way, absolutely. But to just let the images sit there, not even amusing yourself by messing with them? You're asking to go against human nature itself.

Furthermore, the Internet being what it is, there's absolutely no way to stop me if I feel like it. Nyah.

And seriously, this isn't enough credit??

DakotaSmith