View Single Post
Old August 15 2010, 08:17 PM   #18
DakotaSmith
Fleet Captain

View DakotaSmith's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to DakotaSmith Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DakotaSmith Send a message via Yahoo to DakotaSmith
Re: Fairly Simple Photomanipulation

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Well, the fabulous custome pics are by the girls from Chonastock. Always loved the look of the Andorian chick.
Yes, and to be clear, I'm going through my Picasa albums and adding sources, names, tags, etc. At some point in the indeterminate future, when you click these images and go to my Picasa, you'll see more documentation and credits than the average person dreams of.

A good example is this:

If you click that, you'll see that I've tagged it, identified the three people in it, noted the series and episode name, and basically done everything but credit the actors and production staff. I would, but I'm not that anal retentive.

I'm unclear how one can accuse me of stealing art when, as a matter of policy, I'm attempting to credit everyone in sight in an extremely anal-retentive fashion ...

Admittedly, I've not done it yet for this series, but I'll get around to it. I was mostly amusing myself with the Gimp, and it hadn't occurred to me to tag the pics yet.

However, this tagging is a matter of policy for me. After having scanned hundreds of my grandmother's ancient pictures and having no idea who any of the people in it are, I've decided to spare my grandkids the trouble.

All my pics -- any kind -- go to Picasa and get tagged to within an inch of their lives.

Dakota Smith

Last edited by DakotaSmith; August 15 2010 at 08:49 PM.