View Single Post
Old August 14 2010, 05:08 AM   #9
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: What do you do...

Holdfast wrote: View Post
Sarek of Vulcan wrote: View Post
When you have too many interests?
Kill some of them off.

On a serious note, there's probably an underlying common theme to many of them. Feed the theme & the interests will take care of themselves.
I guess the theme would be that I want to be an expert at something, I want to really excel at it, no matter what it is. With writing, I want to do something that gets read by millions of people, not for the money, but so that I can share my ideas, my viewpoint. It might be that I just want to have a voice and be able to speak out loudly and clearly with it.

TerokNor wrote: View Post
Well..hmm... if its career wise...find something were you can combine a lot of it. Like in my career I have lots of things inside I can combine. Be it being creative, musical, nature-observing, sportive, languages, meeting different people from different cultures and believes ....
And I even can combine other things from personal life with it, like travelling...I can get postcards and books and songs and such to bring with me for my job. I can start projects of all kinds, be it gardening, baking or crosscultural communication.
I can also put some Astronomy inside my job, actually everything that I find interressting, the whole world, good things, but also problems, like starting helping projects, all my personal passions and well as cultural neccessitities, that combined with their wishes and needs makes a great educational enviroment...and I can help form the future of the worlds too. And may even combine the job with writing in a sense, because of so many situation, that can be made into a book.
See? Easy! You follow one career and have everything inside that you want to do also in personal life.
Though of course it might also be good to choose one thing were you become really good, but you dont have to give up everything else for it.

TerokNor
I'm really thinking about the writing. I really am.

Jetfire wrote: View Post
I was interested in music, art and sports in High School...

Now I am interested in women, money and booze.
All worthwhile pursuits, my friend. One wants to be well rounded.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote