View Single Post
Old August 13 2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: What do you do...

I'm not the best person for sharing experiences, because I've jumped around a lot and I think I'll always be a bit fickle in all areas of life.

That being said, you can't do everything. If you're talking about a career, you need to find something you enjoy but also something you're good at and that makes for a viable living. You'll have to sacrifice some of your interests to do so. Working as a wedding planner was awesome because it allowed me to utilize so many of my abilities that wouldn't be touched on in many other fields. Now that I'm back in school and getting more into research, I've realized that I missed science, and using my mind in certain ways.

I try to find a balance between everything and apply it towards something productive. I have a lot of creative interests, so I try to channel those into cooking, or I often offer to help out when someone needs something decorated or whatever. If you're interested in some sort of athletic endeavour or the outdoors, channel it into a good fitness routine.

Like I said, I'm fickle and I'm always a bit terrified that I'm going to change my mind at any given point. But I'm really digging psychology and I think it's going to work because it's challenging, and it's about people. Those are two important things to me. Figure out what's important to you and seek a career related to it, but realize that you won't always be able to satisfy all your interests.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote