View Single Post
Old August 13 2010, 11:32 AM   #35
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

Love this ep, but then I love BLT.

Re: the people left in prison, I think this is a good example at the difference between TNG and the Flagship of the Federation, and VOY with just one little ship against the universe. Janeway knows she has to pick her battles carefully, and there was no way she was going to be able to free those people so she didn't even try.

The end of the show also reinforces the established relationship between C/T. In later years one would expect to see Captain Janeway come in to comfort the wounded officer, but here we see BLT's former Captain doing the honours. The ep's best line, however, was also the best example of Chak falling down on his job as her counselor.

TORRES: I know. I came to admire a lot of things about her. Her strength, her bravery. I guess I just have to accept the fact that Iíll spend the rest of my life fighting with her.

Chak just nodded and walked away when she said this.

I would have foreseen Janeway, on the other hand, saying this to her Chief Engineer.

Janeway: Maybe that's what she was trying to tell you when she died. She's always been there, will always be there at your side, fighting with you, B'Elanna. She's never been fighting against you.
JanewayRulz! is online now   Reply With Quote