View Single Post
Old August 13 2010, 11:00 AM   #1
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
What do you do...

When you have too many interests?

I've been browsing through my old high school yearbook, and finding my old classmates on Facebook. As I find them and add them, I'm seeing how updated their lives have become, and I remembered in high school that it was figured by many of the people I knew that by this time in my life, I'd be a very successful person. Obviously, this hasn't happened, and there are a myriad number of reasons for it.

While I won't get into the rest of those, I will say that one of them is that I am interested in nearly everything. I have so many interests, that I can't focus on one of them and pursue it. I speak on not only a career level, but on a personal one. There's just too much I can do.

Is there anyone here who has so many interests but has successfully pursued one of them and made a stable career of it? How did you manage to focus? How did you discipline yourself to take one path and make it work?

This is open to everyone, I would like your answers, methods, whatever worked for you.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote