View Single Post
Old August 13 2010, 06:30 AM   #18
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Things that have Changed Since You were in School

Yeah, I know the pain of that, too. When I attended the Scripps-Howard Regional Spelling Bee, I placed 16th, which may not seem like much, but it was the first time anyone at our school had ever even made it to such an event, and my Principal shook my hand and told me "you helped put our school on the map". Then, some ten years later, about a year after that Principal passed away, our school gets torn down and in it's place, they created a parking lot.

What makes it worse is that this parking lot has no purpose. It's not used for anything, there are no businesses near it that would need a parking lot, and so it just sits there, empty, while thousands of dreams and hopes from all the children that had ever attended that little elementary school, were paved over without a care.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote