View Single Post
Old August 13 2010, 03:26 AM   #34
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

FACES - 1x14 - 4/5

Now my opinion on this episode is going to be completely biased positively because I just love B'Elanna Torres. Her struggles to deal with cultural differences and her (angry) emotionalism are concepts that resonate with me very strongly. So when an episode comes along that largely deals with these issues, I am going to be very receptive.

Objectively however, this is a good episode. You get to learn plenty about Torres and this a good growth episode for her as despite how much she wanted to fit in, she can't be anything except the person that she is.

The Vidiians get a pretty one-dimensional showing this episode, but they're a cool villain and I enjoy them being used to good effect at least. The doctor taking Durst's face is still shocking every time I see it and adds to the mood/atmosphere of the episode.

It's disappointing nothing is done about freeing these people in the prison but I guess that's what happens when you only have ~42 minutes to tell a story. Overall though, great episode.
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote