61. Iron Man 2 (B+)
62. The Lion in Winter (A-)
63. Unforgiven (A+)
64. Harry Brown (B+)
65. Toy Story 3 (A+)
66. Letters from Iwo Jima (A+)
67. Inception(A-)
68. Bullets Over Broadway (A-)

Finally got around to watching this DVD I bought some time ago (between my MA paper work and my new Nobel reading project, there's been much less time for films). Overall, though, I would call this one of my favourite Woody Allen films. Notably, this film is one of those from the early 90s when Allen was transitioning from the smallish casts of the 1970s and 1980s (where there were a number of regulars) to his current era, where he casts lots of names and rarely uses an actor more than once. Here we have John Cusack, Jennifer Tilley, Jim Broadbent, Mary-Louise Parker, Chazz Palmintieri, etc. - the only returning face is Dianne Wiest, who won her second Oscar for her final Allen appearance (I'd be interested to know if there's a reason why she hasn't worked with him again in the subsequent two decades). It's quite a funny piece, mainly for the brilliant array of supporting characters. My only niggle would be the ending for Cusack's character, which feels oddly underdeveloped.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote