View Single Post
Old August 11 2010, 04:12 AM   #12
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: Observation having to do with the cast

Vasquez Rocks wrote: View Post
jonathan252 wrote: View Post
That's a good point. They make it fairly obvious at some points. It's unhealthy that they don't have him interacting with people that are older then him and that also outrank him though. They should have the full range of interactions possible. Is there even one episode where Picard interacts with someone who is older and also outranks him, which can only be an admiral? Or even who is the same age and is the same rank? I don't recall any.
Two characters that were older than him were Boothby from The First Duty and Professor Galen from The Chase. They weren't admirals, but they were mentors to him.
How about Sarek and Spock? Don't Ambassadors have pull over captains? It can be argued that because of the mind meld with Sarek, his relationship with them is the closest he has to any one.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote