View Single Post
Old August 8 2010, 04:45 PM   #65
Avalon
Captain

Re: vote on Inception's ending (spoilers obviously)

I don't really have enough time to address the rest of L2D's post, but I just wanted to throw this out there:

People wear the same stuff all the time. I have about enough clothing to get through two weeks, but out of that I really only have about a week's worth of clothing I prefer to wear. I'm guessing this isn't unusual because I recognize pieces of clothing that my friends, family and co-workers wear -- in other words, there's a pretty good chance that on Tuesday I'll see Mark wearing that green plaid shirt and Betty will be wearing her denim skirt. David has that brown sweater he favors when it's a little chilly.

When I was a kid, I would have worn this one v-necked top every day if my folks hadn't insisted on washing it periodically.

I'm just saying -- seeing someone in the exact same clothes isn't really a weird dreamlike thing. It happens in the waking world every day.

(As to the kids at the end -- Phillippa is definitely wearing a t-shirt under her dress, which is different from all her other "appearances". And she looks old enough in the face to match her voice on the phone. I didn't get as good a look at James.)