View Single Post
Old August 8 2010, 02:28 AM   #2802
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Forest losse 1-0 what a shocker...With the exception of Earnshaw our attackers can't hit a barn door. Capello names his squad and gets some right and but once again loses his bottle to drop the most biggest names...

Ben Foster, Joe Hart. Paul Robinson

Wes Brown, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, John Terry

Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Ashley Young, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere

Darren Bent, Carlton Cole, Wayne Rooney, Bobby Zamora
The keepers are spot on, Robinson is a perfect experience keeper to have cover for the inexperience Hart. Hes right to keep Terry there because we need to gel him and Dawson together quickly for the Q/F games but why is Micah Richards not there ? If you want someone with pace liek Johnson but who can actually defend then Richards is your man, a person who probably had only 1 bad game ever in a ENG shirt but that was his last in 2007 against Croatia.

Why is Barry, Gerrard and Lampard even here for such a game ? Wheres Rodwell and yeh he had a bad world cup but Lennon would express himself in a younger more attacking side. Wilshire looks to be a winger in this game but I just don't see that being his best position IMO.

Rooney should not be here full stop he needs to regain his confidence and fitness at Man Utd. Zamora is a good call up, Darren Bent is Andy Cole utterly brilliant at club level but will never make the grade at international level. We need raw pace (Owen Esq) a guy who can run at defenders making them tired and forcing them deeper into there own half because they are scared of fast runners...

Agbonlahor, who I still say can be our next Owen and has had a full summer off who of the last 3 seasons always start the season better than most players. Who no Gabby, why no pace upfront ?
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote