View Single Post
Old August 4 2010, 10:30 PM   #476
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

Quite simply...I just don't think this is the kind of film for you, then. I don't mean this as a slight or insult, just an honest impression, your thinking seems to be stubbornly literal and obtuse, and this movie's subconscious/dream rules are figural and abstract. Some people like and are able to think certain ways, other people others. Maybe this film just goes against your grain, and that's fine.
With all due respect, that's almost an inflammatory statement. More to the point, it's a gross mis-generalization of what I said. As evidenced in all of my posts regarding the film, I loved the movie, and am only criticizing it because I love it so much. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't give two shits about it. By the same token, I'm not willing to give Nolan a pass on every element of the film simply because he has made what is arguably the best and certainly the most interesting film of the year so far.