View Single Post
Old July 30 2010, 06:45 AM   #257
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
Camelopard wrote: View Post
archeryguy1701 wrote: View Post
I'm getting a jarring reminder that no matter how much I love RTS games, I am awe-strikingly terrible at them, especially against other people or against an AI set more difficult than "mentally handicapped".
So, you're like me, then?
Well, as I put it to one of my friends earlier, "I'm a turtler in a rusher's world." I don't know if there's a fundumental problem with how I play or if the turtler gameplay is just too deeply engrained in me, but I am just not fast enough to be good. It seems like the enemy (AI or human) always has an army before I even have a barracks. I'm going to try to stick with SCII as long as possible and hopefully figure out how to hone my skills a bit.
I sympathize, I'm a turtler at heart as well.

As far as SC2 goes, I heartily recommend the "I Suck at Starcraft 2" video series by TotalBiscuit, very entertaining and high production values
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote