View Single Post
Old July 29 2010, 03:46 PM   #402
Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

They did feel some of the shock on the Goldeneye level...hence the avalanche. But it dissipates each level it goes down.

Saw it again last night, and while I still think it's a really entertaining movie that is more intelligent than most, I think it's greatest flaw is how literal it is. It's really not complicated, really is not a mind fuck in any's just a well written story with well written convolutions. Those do threaten to strangle the picture at times, and I wonder if all the "brilliant, mind fuck" talk is merely a result of those overly complicated, deus ex machina convolutions. As in, it's so overly worked over and folded within itself, with faux, unnecessary risk creations such as limbo, that it just seems brilliant if you don't look past the facade.

Don't get me wrong, I love the film and think it's very well done and is one of the best movies of the year by far. But that's because it's a great science fiction-y, action oriented heist yarn with good characterization and an added level of depth that is really entertaining...not because it's brilliant or a mind fuck.
Making my first feature film, Synchronicity
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote