View Single Post
Old July 28 2010, 11:59 PM   #84
skylark14
Lieutenant

Re: Favorite Starfleet Uniform Design

Orcus wrote: View Post
scotpens wrote: View Post
skylark14 wrote: View Post
. . . I really hated TWOK uniforms. They seemed buffoonish like it was some sort of Gilbert & Sullivan operetta - “I am the Ruler of the King's Naveeey”. All the buckles, straps, pockets, layers, shiny stuff, ballooned ankles - made the Federation seem too interested in trappings instead of substance. It was hard to imagine anyone actually working in them.

I did like some of the later series uniforms, very attractive to see, but their very sleekness made them seem unrealistic. Surely there would still be a few crew members who could stand to lose a few pounds or who had less than perfect figures.
See post #24.
And post #17
76 Trombones. Indeed, #17 and #24! Not feeling quite so lonely. Of course everybody's going to have widely different views on this and rightfully so. IDIC and so forth. But I have to admit I just about shed a tear the first time I saw the TWOK uniforms on my childhood heroes. I hadn't much cared for the TMP uniforms either, mainly because they were ridiculously revealing for the male crew members, as though they were gymnasts. I read somewhere recently that they were so tight they were painful to sit in and that the actors had to lean up against a wall while waiting to perform.
skylark14 is offline   Reply With Quote