View Single Post
Old July 26 2010, 11:22 PM   #104
Mal
Rear Admiral

Re: Angel ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

Lindley wrote: View Post
Mal wrote: View Post
well, if this is any indication of what BTVS is like, i think i'll pass (god, is she always this annoyingly melodramatic?!?) ...
Buffy comes off as far more of a bitch in her Angel appearances than on her own show. There are good in-story reasons for this, but it's unfortunate from a cross-promotion perspective.
well, i suppose they were trying to get Buffy viewers to watch Angel, not the other way around. still, TPTB made the same mistake with Emissary Part 1. Sisko's scene with Picard does not go well at all...

Lindley wrote: View Post
although... is there a Buffy ep that serves as the backstory to Five by Five and Sanctuary?
Yes. The episode is called "Season 3". (The two-parter "This Year's Girl"/"Who Are You?" is the immediate setup; actually, those two together with "Five by Five"/"Sanctuary" are sort of a 4-parter, but even so you need a lot more of the Faith arc to really appreciate everything.)
season 3
how does buffy stack up with firefly, or angel, or hell - even dr. horrible?

i'll admit, i can't stand SMG. I Know What You Did Last Summer was bad enough, but i basically vowed never to watch her again after Cruel Intentions (the movie itself wasn't bad, but she was grating). her appearances in Angel just seems to confirm all that.