View Single Post
Old July 26 2010, 09:22 PM   #2216
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!
Re: What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

I get irritated with Olive Garden because the place is always packed, and many people who are there are even dressed up a bit-- like you were saying, Timby, they market themselves as fine dining and it seems a lot of people believe that. Now I'll admit my tastes aren't too sophisticated and I could eat those breadsticks until I passed out, but I've never once had an entree I like there. That's not an exaggeration! I try something new each time we go, but the only thing I really enjoy is the bread and salad.

And, hey, I'm a grown woman who will eat Chef Boyardee for lunch.

Meanwhile, we have some amazing authentic Italian restaurants (and some that even cost less!) where you can walk in on a Friday night without a wait. It really irritates me that some people are so unwilling to try anything they don't see advertised on a commercial ten times a night.

Speaking of relatives, my grandparents always want to eat at Cracker Barrel or Morrison's. I like country cookin' as much as the next Southern girl, but really, chicken fried chicken and sawmill gravy has its time and place.

Edit: On-topic, we had chicken and broccoli casserole last night.