View Single Post
Old July 25 2010, 04:36 PM   #99
Mal
Rear Admiral

Re: Angel ep by ep; rewatch and reviews

saturn5 wrote: View Post
SANCTUARY
The Good;
Just when you think it can't get any better, Buffy arrives and all is good with the world.
well, if this is any indication of what BTVS is like, i think i'll pass (god, is she always this annoyingly melodramatic?!?) ... although... is there a Buffy ep that serves as the backstory to Five by Five and Sanctuary?

The Bad;
All still fantastic
i'm gonna say that the scene with the second assassin was stupid: this is strictly a hand-shake deal; not that it's necessary for you to have hands for us to do business with you; that was speciesist of me... blah, blah, slurping coffee.

the watchers-in-the-bar scene was spot on (so british!). totally made up for it.

Best line:
NEARLY-Detective (to Kate) Everyone knows you've gone all Scully
Kate; Mulder's the believer, Scully's the skeptic
Detective; Scully's the chick, right?
I'm a detective, Kendric. See, I'm detecting.

but the winner, one of my favourites which I use all the time is;
Buffy; "A cry for help is when you shout 'Help, help!' in a loud voice"
granted. great line.

Jeez, how did they get away with that?
For all those afraid of needles avoid the syringe scene. Faith's daydream about killing Angel
i'd nominate Angel smacking Buffy.

i'd hit it

Questions and observations;
this probably marks the nadir of the Buffy/Angel romance and the Kate/Angel relationship.
i really like how Angel tells Buff to stay the fuck out of his town. kind of like they should all stay the fuck out of his show

here's my question:
when Wes and Angel have the debate on whether or not to help Faith, at first it's Wes who wants to help her (she's a human being), and later it's Angel who says the same thing. Why is it suddenly all-important that Faith is human? I thought I've got you under my skin established that humans can be totally evil, while Hero showed us that there are not-evil demons. so the bottom-line question should have been: is Faith evil? to which the answer is clearly no, and so she must be helped. not cause she's human.

so how's this work?