View Single Post
Old July 24 2010, 08:22 PM   #246
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

There were a few things I was a little hazy on.
Why were some things (Watanabe getting shot) transferred from one level to the next, but others (weightlessness) not?

Shouldn't everyone in level 2 be flying off the mountain because of level 1? (Also, when I've dreamed I was falling, I've never had that gut in your throat feeling of falling, I'm just... falling. As in, it's simulated, I might as well be watching it on TV. Wouldn't that apply in dreams as well? ie, falling in level 1, because it's not a REAL fall, wouldn' t affect level 2? Since there is no true sensation? I dunno, we can't exactly prove this can we. )

And I admit I don't understand how Murphy's character died and went to "limbo", while Leo and what's her name go to level 4 and that's the same as limbo, but he's alive and that brings him back to life in level 3?

I admit, I could just be kinda dumb when trying to keep up with the movie. But it really just didn't do much for me. And I don't like Joseph Gorden Lovett (sp?) as an actor. He doesn't seem natural, everything about him screams "Look at me, I'm an actor, I'm acting in a movie." It's tough to explain. I felt the same way when I saw him in Brick.

But Tom Hardy was awesome! Nice to see him moving on from Shinzon and doing well with the part!
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote