View Single Post
Old July 21 2010, 03:50 PM   #43
kes7
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Tesseract -- Part II

CaptainSarine -- thanks for the very kind comments. I don't know if I'm up to Gibraltar's level of characterization or not (he created Pava, after all!), but the fact that someone thinks that is hugely flattering. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter and the taste of Adele's usually-hidden badassery. She tries to handle people with just the right touch -- and sometimes, the right touch requires a sledgehammer. As for Icheb and Maren ... well, what can I say that hasn't been said already? Slowly they dance toward whatever their eventual outcome will be. We'll see what happens.

di_mar -- Thanks so much for checking the story out, and for the lovely compliments! I hope you continue to enjoy it. I couldn't tell from your comment whether you've read the first book of this or not, so I'll point out that back in the first post there is a link to Part I of Tesseract. If you haven't already, you might want to check it out, as this is all building on that. If you already have ... well, then never mind! Hope you enjoyed!

oldstredshrtevr --
Of course Vulcans may not view the events of "Amok TIme" the same way humans do - Spock faced a lot of oddly emotional prejudice from his fellow Vulcans . . .
I agree, if she's a descendant, then it's a family name and TOS T'Pring is likely regarded as a champion of Vulcan logic. I haven't completely decided yet whether to connect the two characters, but the idea is intriguing and I'm definitely playing around with it in my head. We'll see, maybe a short story will come of it sometime, or a reference in Tesseract.

More coming soon! I've almost got chapter three complete. I'm hoping to post it here late tonight/early tomorrow morning.