View Single Post
Old July 20 2010, 08:17 PM   #149
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

The issue with time is that dreams can play havoc with continuity and progress faster and be more unclear.

Consider: I had a dream that I was one of the nine original colonists of Mars. We lived there for a very long time (not sure how, but very long) and then finally the other eight departed, leaving me on the Red Planet.

But the dream is like I said; a summary of data that I sort of was shot through, narrative jolts. Could have been ten minutes, but the story was decades long, but I didn't feel any of those decades, just a vague outline of the story.

Canadave wrote: View Post
Personally, for what it's worth, I'd put Inception on about the same level as Moon,
I guess my wording wasn't clear. I was comparing those three films to Minority Report, not Inception (which, yes, was a film I enjoyed immensely.)

I think we can all probably agree that it's nice to see a well-made, original SF film doing well at the box office.
I'm surprised that is - but not that surprised. Nolan is a master and combining smart and popular; and Inception is clearly a shining example of that - psychological problems, high concept, bizarrely thought out ideas... and 'splosions and a heist movie plot.

Really it's the treat of the summer, as indicated.