View Single Post
Old July 18 2010, 06:27 PM   #79
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

I loved "Inception" saw it last night and will be seeing it again next weekend. I thought it was one of the best films I've seen in the last several years right up there with "Moon". I have been excited for this film much like Jackson Archer but for myself because of the subject matter of dreaming that the film forms it's plot around but "Inception" is about much more than that. This is easily my favorite Leo DiCaprio film who gave a really great acting performance and Nolan's meaty script gave him a chance to show off his wide variety of acting skills not to mention his enjoyment of physical acting which he's talked about in the past. Ellen Page's character is vital to helping to understand the character of Dom Cobb and I thought was charming and used to help explain the concept of the dream world and how it works. I'm forever now a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan...his performance in "Inception" is brilliant as it was in "500 Days of Summer" and he too is given a chance to demonstrate a different side of his acting ability in this film. In fact all of the characters and actors that "Inception" features has their own chance to shine in their own way in this movie. Tom Hardy's character too in particular while being the comedic element was serious as well and worked. Hans Zimmer's haunting and almost sad score is excellent and the cinematography. I feel like I'm doing the film an injustice by given this rudimentary quick review but I've not fully composed my thoughts about the film yet and probably won't have a proper review up until after I see it a second time, this will have to suffice. The best film of the year so far and as I stated one of my favorite films period. I give it four of four stars.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote