View Single Post
Old July 18 2010, 04:07 PM   #77
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

Emh wrote: View Post
TheBrew wrote: View Post
One thing that makes me think the ending was a dream was that his kids look exactly the same as they have in his previous dreams (except he can see their faces). It is implied that he hasn't seen them in a good while and that they should be older. The fact that they still look exactly like he remembered them makes me lean towards it being a dream.
I also noticed this and made me wonder if there was any mention how long he went into exile. That being said, we did hear the children's voices during the phone call and it sounded like the same voices we hear at the end. Add to that the children's question about when Mommy would return. I'm thinking only about six months or so passed since Cob left.
The credits had two sets of kids, one at 20 months and three years old, and one at three and five years old. Either they used two different pairs in the flashbacks (one for the beach and one for the goodbye), a different pair at the end, or the same ones visually throughout and a different pair during the phone conversation. I wouldn't expect an audio-only role to be credited, but they credited Old Dom and Old Mal, and they were only on-screen for a few seconds, and then from behind and a distance.