View Single Post
Old July 17 2010, 03:19 AM   #27
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Inception (Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio) Grading & Discuss

Brandonv wrote: View Post
edited to add: I am glad to see that Tom Hardy is making a comeback.
Oh, that's who that was; that was driving me nuts.

Anyway, really good; I agree it didn't quite have the "instant classic" edge, but I still voted excellent, because that level of craft and basically compelling thriller deserves it.

A lot of people thought from the trailers (and some reviewers have called this) a mind-bendy film, but it's really not. There's only two "haha! we're actually dreaming!" bit, and they come at the start; everything else is laid out quite clearly and comprehensively. Which isn't bad or anything, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

Great acting from everybody; quite an amazing cast, right down to Sir Michael Caine and Pete Postlethwaite in bit parts that could have been played by anyone. Marion Cotillard's always a highlight for me in the movies she's in. And DiCaprio, well, I don't think any actor working right now has such consistently good taste in directors.

And Cillian Murphy, cast, for possibly the first time in his career, as a normal person.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote