1) Remove all plastic lenses from section dividers and replace with cloth strips. Will need to carefully remove trim off four dividers and replace them with as little damage as possible. We'll need to get two more such trim pieces to go along the backdoor.
2) Need to sand section dividers along "back door" and re-touch the paint. Must not get paint on the consoles or captain's chair or carpet. Need to install the 1x2's on each side of the turbolift (must paint them first, but what color? grey, black, or silver?).
3) Need to purchase and install overhead "ventilation" system. This means purchasing 5 more of those things and cutting five copies of the template we created tonight. The others go along the top of the forward viewscreen, over the starboard turbolift (one of the left over pieces will fit the port turbolift perfectly.
4) We've got to come up with a plan for the back door ceiling. I'm thinking of doing what I did for the forward viewscreen. That is a 4x8 service board with a 1" board across one side of it (the side facing the set) for stability. That would be an excellent thing as far as the ceiling goes because that means the ventilation doesn't need those weird cut angles.
5) Turbolift. We need to frame in the turbolift. It should look like /-------\ so we can move it (sort of like the Klingon bridge set, but smaller -- door height. We also might need to do an overhead piece like on the "back door."
6) Railing. I had a great idea about the bridge railing. Last night, while I was hammering those framing sides for the back, I screwed a 2x4 into some 24" pieces, and realized that if I had created 36" pieces for it, I would have a very passable railing. Just would need to sand it nicely, and cut it at a 15 degree angle like the bridge set. It wouldn't even have to be attached to the flooring because at that angle, it will stand up on its own. We could then easily move it for filming purposes. What do you think?
7) Carpeting. We've got to check the bins at Home Depot where I got what we used. Might get lucky; you never know.
8) Chairs. Got to talk with Flint Office Furniture about four more chairs.
9) Airconditioner. I found one on-line at Home Depot for $299. Holding out to see if Lowes will beat the price.
10) Hang the appliques. I'm thinking right now of the stapler. We need to cut one out and test it before we do all of them, but that's the last thing we need to do.