View Single Post
Old July 7 2010, 09:41 PM   #86
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Discussion and Grading

Kegg wrote: View Post
I'm sorry, but nobody needs to justify their fantasy or their entertainment with the notion it has 'core values of serving the greater good'.
Maybe with adults, but I believe in the value of presenting children with moral instruction via art. You may now assail me to your heart's content.

It's entertainment; not a sermon.
Your implicit suggestion that sermons can't entertain is totally absurd. A righteous message, well-argued, is a singularly thrilling thing.

The Grand Theft Auto series, for example. What sort of inspiring core values does that teach? Damned if I care; I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise but I've enjoyed them myself since my eye-opening experience just running around a city hitting people with a bat in III.
Well, I believe that the vast majority of recreational video games, especially GTA, at best debase and dehumanize by wasting precious life-time, so I don't think you'd like to start that argument here without veering a good ways off-topic. For the record, I disapprove of letting children watch Twilight or play GTA.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote