View Single Post
Old July 4 2010, 01:40 PM   #62
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy
Re: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Discussion and Grading

For above posts about Meyer's LDS status vs. Twilight Saga:

The point is, Meyer preaches abstinence in her Saga. The Cullen family abstain from human blood. Edward won't have sex with Bella (even though she wants too) until they are married.

Re: Meyer's influence on teen's self-esteem:

Teen girls are, for the most part, smarter than this. The young ones (pre-teens) get caught up in the romance of it all, much like a rom-coms affect on older women. A pre-teen hardly uses Meyer's books as a bible though.

I really enjoyed Eclipse; got a giggle when I should have (Edward to Jacob: Don't you OWN a shirt? ) and enjoyed the fight scenes (though the glass breaking sound effect is new; I don't recall hearing that sound when they tore James apart in Twilight).

Of the three leads, I still contend that Patts is the best actor of them (especially in other movies he's been in), though Stewart didn't annoy me as much as before (she seems to have controlled her "I must take great gulps of air before each line" tactic). Lautner just needs more experience.

So a B+ from me. The next movies-well I hope they do revise some of it, because there is some bad crap a comin'

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote