View Single Post
Old July 1 2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Theonethatis
Commander

Re: The Last Airbender - Grading & Discussion

There was once a time I liked Shymalan. I started watching Avatar because he was directing it, and I was very interested in what this was. Now with all the reviews coming out I have to say A semi sentient garden gnome couldn't fuck this up!!!!!! Yet Shymalan did. The source material is so good it really should have been impossible. Yet M night did!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Still going to see it this weekend. But instead of the glorious epic it should have been. its going to be the death knell of a film adaption and Shymalans career. Well at least we have the new series coming out.

Really who's bright idea was it to cut out the middle of movie???? 45 minutes to get to the Northern water tribe??? This film should have been 2 hours at least. You cant speed this up. people are not going to get it. LOTR worked because we were introduced to world of middle earth coherently. that way they got to understand the world before the main plot began. This is what should have been done here.

NO Agni Kai!!!!!!!! Isnt that Zukos whole story!!!!!!!! Really how can you not put Zukos whole reason for existence in the damn movie.

Last edited by Theonethatis; July 1 2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: More outrage
Theonethatis is offline   Reply With Quote