View Single Post
Old June 29 2010, 01:42 AM   #1146
Shaw
Commodore

Re: Another fan attempt at TOS deck plans

Sorry to bring this thread up with nothing new to post to it... it is more about some of the early posts than anything else.

I had been considering house cleaning on my site for quite some time, but it was always pretty far down my to do list. I had planned on watching my server activity over the next few months and then re-evaluating my situation (both server resources and financial situation), but while being called out by Gagarin, I started taking a closer look at this situation.

I will most likely delete images from my server from 2008 and before. Normally it wouldn't make much difference as many of the threads that I had posted images in are long since lost... but it will effect this thread. I'm considering removing most of the 2009 images as well, but that I'll consider after I see if removing the other images has an effect.

As for the future of this thread, Gagarin was kind enough to provide me with some sound advice...
Gagarin wrote: View Post
... Enjoy it? Do it. Don't enjoy it? Then don't.
And then he punctuated that advice with a number of posts that I think can fairly be classified as unenjoyable.

In retrospect, I haven't posted much of what I've done in the last year or so because it hasn't been enjoyable... and have even avoided participating in many threads because I could foresee the experience being more trouble than it would be worth.

Gagarin is absolutely right, I may as well state what should have been obvious from the lack of activity in this thread... I've stopped enjoying this and I've stopped sharing.

He also provided some other sound advice...
I'm sure all the agonizing and hand wringing about what's true or not and what's trusted or not would be aided by putting up what you've uncovered in a non-interactive way. People can take it or leave it. Or you can be cryptic and give things piece meal from what you've learned, whenever you feel like you can come down off the mountain. Make a simple webpage and people can take it for what it's worth.
I'll most likely just collect together everything and publish it all at one time, much like how some of my work is shared on the Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database now.

I owe Gagarin for helping me with this... without his input, I most likely would have remained undecided on a course of action.

Thanks Gagarin!

So to recap... stuff from 2008 will most likely be gone by the end of the week, some (or all) stuff from 2009 within a month or so.