View Single Post
Old June 27 2010, 11:30 AM   #68
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: The Phantom Is Back!

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^ From your mouth to the movie producer's ears. (Or Greg's for that matter ...)

Too late! My Phantom versus the Reign of Terror story is already on sale!

In my defense, I should point out that Moonstone specifically asked for a story about the 12th Phantom, which put me squarely at the end of the 18th Century. The French Revolution was the obvious way to go--and, as far as I know, was largely unexplored territory as far as the Phantom was concerned.

(The 12th Phantom himself is pretty much unknown, having only been mentioned in one previous storyline.)

Nooooo, Greg, you've picked me up wrong. I wasn't complaining about the setting or timing of your new outing. I was simply saying that I'd like to see more historical tales with the various Phantoms from over the years.

Whether that's in a movie or one of your comics or novels, I'm in agreement with KB24 that I'd rather see an historical story than a modern pouting teen assuming the mantle (though I'll still check this miniseries out when it airs over here). The reference to your ears was just to voice the hope that you'll do more in this vein, whether that's the Reign of Terror or American Civil War or whatever.