View Single Post
Old June 26 2010, 04:21 PM   #37
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Re: DS9: Your Favorite EPISODE Of The Series.

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
flemm wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
DS9's cast fragmented a lot in the later seasons and it was rare for them to do a big ensemble episode, so I think it was good for them to have an episode like this in the final season.
It's from this point of view that I've come to appreciate both Take Me Out to the Holosuite and Badda-Bing. Basically they're a way of taking a step back from the ongoing storylines and letting the characters spend a little quality time with each other and with the fans before the final chapter.
To me, the "funny" or "light-hearted" episodes never worked well in DS9. They always came across as forced and out of place and the Ferengi episodes annoyed me to no end. I'm not sure if it was just the tone of the series, the writers' inability to be funny, or the cast's inability to make things funny. To me, the only funny episode that worked well was Trials and Tribbleations and it worked marvelously.
It seems Take Me Out to the Holosuite is a really divisive episode. Personally, I don't like it at all.

I'd agree that a lot of DS9's comedy episodes fall flat, but there are some I like: The House of Quark, Fascination, Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places, Trials and Tribble-ations, In the Cards.