View Single Post
Old June 25 2010, 03:01 PM   #30
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9: Your Favorite EPISODE Of The Series.

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
Sarita wrote: View Post
Another vote for "In the Pale Moonlight". I also love "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "Take Me Out to the Holosuite".
Oh my God - someone actually considers "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" a good episode? I'm not hatin' on ya, I'm just shocked beyond belief. And because I want to bash my own head in any time I see that episode.
A lot of people enjoy that episode as a comedy. I didn't like it at all when I first watched it, partly because I was 13 and wanted the show to get back to the space battles, partly because I had no understanding of baseball. But when I saw it again on DVD and chose to accept it as the light-hearted romp that it is, I realised it was actually a good comic episode. DS9's cast fragmented a lot in the later seasons and it was rare for them to do a big ensemble episode, so I think it was good for them to have an episode like this in the final season. I feel the same way about Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang, I hated it at first but came to enjoy it on DVD. I don't consider either of them to be classic episodes, but they're fun.

As for the topic of the thread, I've got to go for ITPM, because it had badass Sisko with a healthy dose of Garak.