View Single Post
Old June 24 2010, 03:38 AM   #9
SRFX
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager - A Marathon Re-visit.

TIME AND AGAIN - 1x04 - 2/5

This episode really doesn't do much for me. It's basically just another 'problem of the week episode', but doesn't have any substance or character development to back it up. The episode is 100% about the problem, and that just isn't satisfying to watch. There's a huge amount of technobabble and Chakotay is pretty much relegated to nodding in approval to technobabble solutions being proposed by Torres and Kim.

There's some nice stuff early on between Kim and Paris, although it's pretty short and we get to see some insight into Janeway's handling of the Prime Directive (which appeared to be the same as Picard and Sisko - stick with it until it becomes a problem). The paradoxical nature of the problem is nice, and is pretty much the most I can say about the plot of this episode. Also that damn kid has got to be THE most annoying kid in any Star Trek iteration I've seen (I am including Wesley in this).

On the whole, I didn't really get much out of this episode as it felt like formulaic filler - which is a bit concerning this early in the series.
SRFX is offline   Reply With Quote